Originally known as The Central Artery (aka “The Distressway”, “the largest parking lot in the world” & “the other Green Monster”), it has been converted into the Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway. This urban park consists of gardens, promenades, plazas, fountains, art, and specialty lighting systems. We were struck by the vibrant color & magnitude of artwork on The Greenway Wall in Dewey Square Park (which is located on the southern end of the Greenway) along with the bright, red Adirondack chairs peppered throughout the lawn.
Let’s be honest, we all have a ton of black in our closets. It is just super easy, goes with everything & so versatile. But, we want to achieve an impactful look, not lazy & boring! Wearing head-to-toe black can be a great moment to focus your attention on different fabrics, textures, cool silhouettes & cuts. Since we are still enjoying surprisingly warm afternoons, I thought it would be ok to bare my arms & show an unexpected flash of skin. I chose a sleeveless jacket with a lightweight, high-neck top. Since my jacket was long & heavy, I wanted to keep my pants slim & fitted. My pointy, patent loafers with eye-catching metal details make them a little more sophisticated than your average flat. So, dig deep in your closets & re-work the existing black items in your wardrobe! Give these options a try:
- Slouchy Harlem pants or slim-fitting, drawstring joggers with a leather jacket
- Sheer black top with a tuxedo jacket & slim ankle pants
- Leather pants, turtleneck sweater & pointed sleek ankle booties.
- Want a super trendy look? Try sneakers, midi skirt, crop top, crossbody bag & baseball hat
- Go solo & simple with a sleek, fitted, long-sleeve maxi dress or structured jumpsuit
- Take a shift dress & pair with over-the-knee boots versus the predictable pump
Bracelet was a gift.