What to wear on a date night? Do you struggle with that dilemma every time you open your closet? Since my hubby & I don’t get the opportunity to enjoy a night on town just the two of us, my head starts to swarm with ideas of what to wear. My first instinct is to go all out since it these occasions are far & few. It doesn’t matter if it’s a first date, blind date or you’ve been married years, I think we all want to feel confident, comfortable, unique & maybe a little sexy.
Now that the cold is upon us, it can be a challenge to look great, stay warm while not looking like the “Michelin Man”. Since I had a chunky, loose turtleneck sweater, I wanted to keep the bottom half fitted & slim, so this faux leather skirt was perfect. The ankle boots add a little more coverage to keep my legs warm as well. I try to stay away from black, so the all pink & navy combo was a perfect choice. For a night out, I don’t like anything too fussy, so minimal jewelry & small clutch keeps things simple & streamline.
How will you bring the heat on your cold-weather date night? Some ideas for you:
- neutral, fitted sweater – dark flare denim – animal-print ankle boots – faux fur jacket
- sweater dress – OTK boots – wool coat – clutch
- black sweater – colorful midi skirt – statement heels
- peacoat – t-shirt – skinny jeans – pumps – statement necklace
- leather jacket – maxi skirt – turtleneck – ankle booties
- mock turtleneck – menswear trousers – blazer – oxford flats
- chunky cropped sweater – culottes – sneakers – crossbody bag
- long-sleeve midi dress – colored ankle boots – faux fur vest
- skater skirt – cropped sweater – stockings – OTK boots – bright bag
My watch is from Red Pineapple boutique.