We are ageless & we have style!!! This month’s theme is How to Transition Summer Pieces into Fall.
Welcome to September & this month’s Ageless Style theme: How to Transition Summer Pieces into Fall! Nine ladies, the first Tuesday of every month, showcase a different theme & style that’s ageless!
It’s that time of year where the days are still warm, but the evenings have a bit of chill in the air. You might not be ready for full-on fall fashion, but your light & airy summer looks might not be the best option as they were in mid-July. So how do you navigate in between seasons with your wardrobe?
Either finding creative, fun ways to take a specific summer item & make it work for the cooler temperatures or having a few versatile transitional pieces in your closet are important. I’m sure you already own several transitional pieces in your closet. That’s a perfect way to double your wardrobe options, save money, & like I mentioned before, be creative with your styling & looks. Why spend more money when 1 item can be styled 3, if not, 4 ways!!!
I thought I show how I got from A to B to C!
Voila!!! My transitional look for fall!
It’s tempting to get sucked into buying many new items for fall with all the magazines & store windows showcasing the latest & greatest trends. But, I can’t afford to blow through my fashion budget… what budget?!?! There’s not much of a budget to blow through. Can I actually call myself a fashion or style blogger if I only purchase things on sale? Or, can I call myself a fashion/style blogger if I don’t have a budget to purchase any clothing at all?… Umm, questions I will leave for another blog post….
The bottom line is I try to spend as little as possible, buy things off-season or on clearance. I’m always trying to utilize as many pieces in my closet from one season to the next. Another trick I use to save money: I always wait 3 days after I see an item either in a store or online before I ask myself if it is truly something that I need. Then, I see if there is anything already in my closet that’s similar to the item I want to purchase. Finally before I purchase, I try to see if there are at least 4 looks I can create with that particular item… meaning, could I possibly make it work year round?
More styling ideas:
- Add a blazer & close-toed shoes to summery flowy dresses
- Addition of opaque tights is key on those chilly days
- Add muted or fall colors to a vibrant pair of shorts, pants or skirt
- Add loose long pants with your sandals instead of your short skirt
- Scarves are a girl’s best friend to keep warm & stay stylish
- Add a denim jacket or slouchy open weave knit to a maxi dress
- Tunics or boyfriend cardigans are great with skinny jeans & tank
- Military-style cargo or leather jackets are great to layer over just about anything
Check out these 8 interpretations on how to transition your summer pieces for fall ! These ladies co-hosting this month have pulled together some amazing looks, so please click on their name to get some great style inspiration!
Linkup Guidelines! It’s so simple!
- Please visit at least 2 other links. Such a great way to meet & make new friends!
- Link to your actual post & not your blog’s homepage.
- Please link back to Ageless Style Linkup in your linked post.
- Feel free to use #AgelessStyleBlogges in all your social media posts.
- Definitely leave a comment.
- Most of all, Have Fun!